1. You’re Doing It Wrong: The BLT
THERE IS NOT BACON IN EVERY BITE.
The Right Way to Make a BLT:
Basketweave that bacon.
2. You’re Doing It Wrong: Boiling Eggs
The Right Way to Boil Eggs:
Add one teaspoon of baking soda. It’ll make the shell come off effortlessly.
3. How NOT to Eat a Cupcake:
The right way to eat a cupcake:
Make a cupcake sandwich. Equal frosting to cake ratio in every bite.
4. You’re Doing It Wrong: Bobby Pins
The bobby pins are constantly sliding out of your hair and coming loose.
The Right Way to Insert a Bobby Pin:
5. You’re Doing It Wrong: Nail Polish
How to Properly Apply Nail Polish:
6. The Wrong Way to Make Cookies in the Summer:
Everything gets even hotter with the oven on.
The right way:
Best car air freshener ever.
7. How You Normally Fold a Fitted Sheet:
The Right Way:
8. You’re Doing It Wrong: Cleaning the Blender
You reach your sponge down, accidentally cut yourself on one of the blades, and start bleeding everywhere.
The Right Way:
9. You’re Doing It Wrong: Eating a Popsicle
You’re a slob. You’re only human.
The Right Way: Use a Cupcake Wrapper
10. If This Is Your Dresser, You’re Doing It Wrong
The Right Way to Fold Clothes
File folded clothes to save space.
11. You’re Doing It Wrong: Squeezing Lemons
The Right Way: Use a Pair of Tongs
You’ll get much more juice out. Another tip: microwave for a few seconds. It’ll make the lemon softer and more squeezable.
12. You’re Doing It Wrong: Stale Ass Chips
The Right Way: Master the Origami Bag Fold
13. You’re Doing It Wrong: Peeling a Potato with a Peeler
You are wasting so much valuable potato!
The Right Way:
After boiling the potato, put into cold water for 5 minutes. Twist the potato skin off with your hands — it should come right off.
14. You’re Doing It Wrong: Living Through the Pain of New Shoes
The Right Way: Break In Your Shoes In Under Five Minutes
Put on a thick pair of socks and then put on your shoes. Aim a hairdryer at the shoes, concentrating on the tighter spots. Wiggle your toes and feet around. Keep them on while they cool.
Remove the socks and test out shoes. They should be stretched out, but if not, just repeat the process.
15. The PB&J: You’re Doing It Wrong
You haven’t quite mastered how not to get jelly all over yourself.
You have no excuse.
The Right Way to Make PB&J: The Pocket Method
16. You’re Doing It Wrong: Cutting Cherry Tomatoes One by One
As if you had all the goddamn time in the world to spend on a stupid salad.
The Right Way: Sandwich the Tomatoes Between Two Plastic Lids and Slice Across
You, Eating Pomegranates: WRONG!
The Right Way to Get Those Pomegranate Seeds Out Intact:
Cut the pomegranate in half, submerge in cold water, and extract the seeds from under the water. They’ll release effortlessly from the papery membrane and sink to the bottom of the bowl.
17. How You Normally Eat Tic Tacs:
An entire container of these dainty little candies, consumed in one sitting, like a heathen.
The Right Way:
The Tic Tac dispenser is specifically engineered to allot ONE AT A TIME.
18. The Wrong Way to Enjoy a Bag of Chips:
HAHA you actually use your hands to hold the bag??
Alas, There Is a Right Way:
Roll up the bottom to create a snack bowl. You can now serve chips at parties without having to dirty yet another bowl.
18. You’re Doing It Wrong: Smashing Beer Cans on Your Head
The Proper Way to Crush a Can on Your Head:
Use your fingers to begin the process of the crushing. Get the full directions here.
Or, if you’re not a fratboy…
You could crush a can the civilized way.
Chinese architect and designer Ruan Hao’s CATable, was designed for Hangzhou and Hong Kong-based architecture firm LYCS. Now busy humans and bored cats may finally be able to coexist peacefully!
1. When Britney and Justin broke up.
2. When your gel pens ran out of gel.
3. When the vacuum swallowed your Polly Pockets.
4. When Mufasa died.
Walt Disney Studios
5. When people ruined these by pointing out the sexual innuendoes.
6. When this happened to your favorite VHS.
7. When NSYNC stopped making music.
8. When school lunches changed and became more “healthy.”
9. When you tried Sun In and your hair didn’t look at all like what it was supposed to.
10. The entire second VHS tape of Titanic.
11. When your friends had a cell phone like this and you were still calling people on your landline.
12. When you got your braces’ rubber band colors changed only to find out that someone else had the EXACT SAME COLORS.
13. When someone already had the AOL Instant Messenger screen name you wanted.
14. Just Furbies in general.
15. When your teacher caught you passing notes and forced you to read it out loud to the class.
16. When people had 3D Doritos for lunch and you had lame Lay’s.
17. When your hacky sack got a hole in it and the filling slowly started to leak out all over the place.
18. When your NeoPet were dying of hunger…for months.
19. When you showed your friends this cool trick and they ALREADY knew about it.
20. When you bit into your candy necklace and tasted the string.
21. When everyone had a pair of these except for you.
22. When your floppy disk ran out of space.
23. When you bit into your Ring Pop and the whole thing shattered and forced you to eat it all at once.
24. When you gave your classmate a quarter for a colorful Elmer’s Glue bookmark and they never gave you one.
25. When it came time to buy school supplies and the store was out of the Lisa Frank folder you wanted.
26. And the absolute horror when your Beanie Baby’s tag got bent.
Sarah Wayne Callies
Here are 30 cleverly-designed business cards that are sure to make quite a first impression!
1. Cosmetic Surgeon Business Card
Advertising Agency: Demner, Merlicek & Bergmann, Vienna, Austria
2. Yoga Trainer Business Cards
Advertising Agency: Marked for Trade
3. Cheese Grater Business Card
Advertising Agency: JWT, Brazil
4. Tearable Divorce Lawyer Business Card
Notice that the card has contact information on both sides.
5. Yoga Mat Business Card
A simple, yet very creative business card for Vancouver yoga center. The card rolls just like a yoga mat.
6. Fitness Trainer’s Tearable Business Card
Zohra Mouhetta helps you strip away your belly! (Advertising Agency: Leo Burnett, Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
7. Designer’s Seed Packet Business Card
Designed by Jamie Wieck
8. Circumciser’s Business Card
Advertising Agency: Agency: Healthy People by Grey, Istanbul, Turkey
9. Event Photographer’s Viewfinder Business Card
10. Dentist’s Cavity Business Card
11. Stretchy Personal Trainer’s Business Card
If you want to see the text on this business card, you have to do a little stretching exercise.
12. Hair Dresser Business Cards
Designed by Igor Perkusic
13. Cigarette Filter Business Card
Advertising Agency: Bos, Toronto, Canada
14. Buy/Sell Investment Representative Business Cards
Advertising Agency: Rethink, Canada
15. Yoga Center Straw
Advertising Agency: Leo Burnett, Shanghai, China
16. Sommelière Wineglass Business Card
Designed by Caserne
17. Your Own Personal Lego Agent
18. Picture Frame Business Card
Advertising Agency: Piko, Moldova
19. Stylish Transparency Business Card
Designed by Dario Monetini
20. Makeup Business Card
Advertising Agency: OpusMúltipla, Curitiba, Brazil
21. Toy Chair Business Card
Advertising Agency: DDB, Brazil
22. Miniature Plumber’s Plunger With Contact Information
23. Seed Packet Business Card
Advertising Agency: Struck, USA
24.Bike Multi-Tool Business Card
Designer: Rethink Canada
25. Classic Rock Theme Business Card
This groovy hair salon comb plays a classic rock theme when rubbed by fingernail, using the same principle as a musicbox comb. (Advertising Agency: Fabio Milito design, Roma, Italy)
26. Transformable Cargo Box Business Card
Advertising Agency: Y&R, São Paulo, Brazil
27. Restaurant Salt Shaker Business Card
Designed by flux
28. Survival Training Dried Meat Business Card
Advertising Agency: Rethink, Vancouver, Canada
29. Tennis Business Card
Advertising Agency: Publicis, Brazil
30. Grillable Business Card
Image credits: adsoftheworld.com